We welcome enquiries about getting married at Cockpen & Carrington Parish Church and helping you plan for this special occasion.
You don’t have to be a member of the Church to be married in the church. However, in getting married in church, you commit to Christian marriage:
- Christian marriage is based upon a solemn, public and life-long covenant between a man and a woman, declared and celebrated in the presence of God and before witnesses.
- Marriage reflects God’s loving nature, and his covenant of love with us in Jesus Christ. A couple, in giving themselves to each other in love, reflect the love of Christ for humanity.
- In Christian marriage you are called
- to live faithfully together;
- to love each other with respect and tenderness.
- You share the life of a home and may be trusted with the gift and care of children. You help to shape society in which human dignity and happiness may flourish and abound.
If you would like to enquire further about arranging your wedding, please contact the minister.
Further information about the Wedding ceremony can be found here.
Frequently asked questions. http://www.churchofscotland.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/2449/guide_marriage.pdf
Home | Contact Us | ©2019 Cockpen & Carrington Parish Church
Cockpen & Carrington Parish Church (Church of Scotland) Scottish Registered Charity SC013139
Last modified: 2 April 2019